Very few sectors are faced with such a complex range of risks as the pharmaceuticals industry insurance sector. Healthcare systems in crisis, growing regulation, strict legal environments, sophisticated supply chains, increasing distribution costs and intense competition are some of the key risk management challenges in this sector.
We provide solutions for our clients (pharmaceutical producers, research centers or distribution companies) ranging from specialist property and liability covers, including clinical trials liability insurance, to supply chain risk management and marine cargo solutions.
The risks this industry is facing are manifold and complex: product recalls, counterfeiting and intellectual property are major challenges, as is the general drive to increase outsourcing and enhance efficiency while saving cost and maintaining or even enhancing quality. Product safety is always the top priority – faulty drugs not only lead to reputational damage, they can cost lives.
Therefore a professional, sophisticated risk management program and tailored insurance cover is essential to this industry. We have the knowledge and expertise to support the pharmaceutical industry insurance companies; we also have the financial strength to provide major capacity and the worldwide resources to provide immediate help in the case of a claim.
Solutions for Pharmaceutical industry insurance
• Property damage cover (including physical damage from natural hazards such as flooding, windstorms or earthquakes)
• General liability insurance (product liability, product recall, clinical trials)
• Excess liability insurance
• Professional liability (errors and omissions coverage)
• Workers compensation insurance
• Environmental insurance
• Directors and officers insurance
• Cyber liability insurance
• Marine cargo / goods in transit
• Directors & officers and other management liability
International insurance programs
• Engineering (pharmaceutical plants under construction)
• Performance bonds
• Business Interruption